Next Friday: August 31st

Next Friday marks another year since the passing of my good friend, Jill Hollis.  For those of you who had the pleasure and joy of knowing her, you know how incredible she was.  There have been many days in the past two years I'd have given anything to call her and ask her opinions on things.  There were many times I'd loved to have visited and talked about laughed and smiled and cried--to have the complete experience and range of emotions.

Because it wasn't a true conversation unless tears and laughter were involved. 

And then laughter because of the tears, and tears because of the laugher.  

It was a vicious cycle. 

Last year we spent the day honoring her life by living ours.  We decided to trade our mourning for dancing, and to really appreciate the precious moments we were given that day.  To love on our loved ones, to pay attention to those who were talking to us, to greet people warmly, to speak our minds, and to share the love of Christ.  We remembered the greatest gift that she gave all of us--the reminder to live.  To be grateful for the moments--in good and bad times.  

I really miss her presence in my life.  I began to feel the ache at the end of July--knowing that the end of August was coming.  The end of August is sentimental in our house for a variety of reasons, but Chris and I tend to remember two very specific losses at the end of August.  We know that we can't wait for the day that we can all be reunited.  I know that Jill and I have a lot of catching up to do.  

Courtesy of Cliff Hollis
On Friday, August 31st, I will be participating in what we affectionately called The Great Big Jill Day again this year, and I hope you will join me.    

Comments

  1. You know I will be joining in :) She has been so close in my mind and heart as well. I think of her so often and miss the wisdom she brought to my life. God brought her into my life at the perfect time....and my life is forever changed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts