Inspired.


Last weekend it was cloudy and cool in eastern NC. 

I spent my time journaling, reading, and in prayer.  
I also wanted to blog and I asked for Help with my words.  

A few moments later, I was standing at my sink admiring my sparkly little tree in my window and thinking about all the wonder and joy of the holiday season. 

I love the sparkle. 

I love the glitter. 

I love the quiet moments by the fire. 

I love the hustle and bustle of the children. 

But most of all I love the music.  

I love the stories and the imagery.  I love the themes.  I love the cheer.  

Quick!  Somebody get this girl some sleighbells, guitars, and minor keys!

I know I use this picture a lot.  I love it.  For so many reasons. 
As I stood there at the sink--new words and melodies filled my heart in such a way that I couldn't write them down fast enough.  I scribbled down melodic and rhythmic lines into my pink notebook before it was lost forever.  I even took my laptop into my recording studio (aka the master bathroom) to quickly record what was playing over and over in my head.  

I am not a song writer. 

I am a blogger.  I use simple words and I use my simple life and I tell everyday stories.  I am nothing fancy, I am regular, and I am ok with that.  

And I'm a musician.  I eat, sleep, and breathe melody.  I teach little children about this wonderful thing.  I play in our church's praise team.  Sometimes I sing.  

It is my entire life.  I don't know how to do anything else.  


But I've never paired the two--words and music.

I am normally extremely jealous of the weavers of words and melodies and the effortless way they pair the two into gut-wrentching songs.  I admire their choice in words into story.  I love their word pictures and choices of instrumentation.  

But, for one moment, He gave me a song.  

And I love this song in such a way that even if it is only for me and a few other ears, it's an incredible gift.  It brings me such joy and it makes me smile and cry all at the same time.  

What about you?  Have you been given a gift recently that you can't ignore?  


Comments

  1. My husband had a stroke this year. And for some inexplicable reason, I have had more joy this year than ever before. I know this is God's gift to me. But I've let go of that gift recently, focusing more on the challenges of our life than on the joy and the grace He's given us to endure this time. Thanks for the reminder that I can't ignore God's gifts! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts