Rest my heart.

This week the weather turned cooler and my little heart turned


Every October I get a lot of eye rolls from people who are trying to figure out why in the world I'm ready to set up my decorations.  I'm not ashamed to say that I do it because it makes me happy.  Some people shop, some people go out with friends, some people love flowers and nature, some people hunt or fish, some people go to the beach, some people watch sports. 

 And I Christmas. 

I don't expect everyone to understand.  I have seen my fair share of early decorator haters who believe that Christmas should only be observed following Thanksgiving.  

I'm thankful for Christmas, too.  

I follow Instagram accounts devoted to Christmas decorations.  I Pin all the cute decorations and crafts and recipes I'll never make.  I listen to Christmas music throughout the year, and my ringtone is always a Christmas song.  There is something about the magic of the season that sets my soul alive.  I don't even apologize for the fact that I love it.  It's genetic as I come from a line of fine ladies who love some Christmas.  

It's quiet and calm in the early mornings and late nights with my twinkly trees.
I sip my coffee, curl up with my dog, and feel my stress level going down. 

A thrill of hope, the weary Mama A rejoices. . . 


  
SaveSave

Popular Posts