31 Days: Magic

This is Day 14 of the 31 Days of Small series. 

I walk in the door and she immediately asks me to play with her.  I sit down on the floor and we play action figures and talk about silly things that really don't make a lot of sense to me, but are all very clear to her.  

She smiles and giggles and asks me over and over to play with her even as I'm sitting there.  She wants to make sure I'm close paying attention to all the things she's saying.  

We suddenly transition into hide and seek and magic tricks.  I put the doll under a bowl while she counts to ten.  She looks all over the place and can't locate the doll.  I tap on the bowl and say, "Hocus Pocus!" and lift the bowl to show her doll.  Squeals of delight and we do it again and again. 

And again. 


This is important to her, which makes it important to me as well.  

Comments

Popular Posts