31 Days of Reclaiming Life: Day 5

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this 31 Days challenge with me!  
I would love to know how you feel about things here at Seriously.   
Would you help me develop better content by taking this quick survey?  


It's been raining for 40 days and 40 nights. 

Ok, that is not entirely true--but it has been raining for at least a week and a half.  Our little part of eastern NC has been completely saturated and today is supposed to be the last day of this flooding wind and rain.   

It's still a little dark outside and I'm waiting to see how far my river has advanced into our back yard this morning.  Last night the river was eye-to-eye with the bulkhead and the ants were running for their lives along the wood with their nasty little ant babies strapped to their backs.  

There may have been some splashing of the ants into the river.   
I will neither confirm nor deny those actions.    


But, like the river--you can't stop life from coming at you.  Sure, you can build up bulkheads and create manmade barriers--but pretty soon, that river is coming through.  It might not happen on your watch--but it's going to happen.  I've seen some people knocked down and out by wave after wave after wave of life events.  

My question to you is--are you going to sink or swim?  
  
I know some of you are exhausted by life happening to you.  I know you have been dealt a stack of hurts and situations that make your heads spin.  I know that I cannot imagine all of the pain some of you have been through, and I know that awful black feeling of hopelessness.  

But, if your life struggles were truly life and death--would you sink or swim? 

So, if no one else is around you to do this: Let me encourage you to swim.  
Swim like your very life depends on it.  
Swim like you've never swam before.  
Swim until you can't swim any more--and then swim some more.

Stop waiting around for some job, some money, some situation to rescue you.  Stop waiting around for somebody to come and save you--the rest of us are all swimming neck-deep in our own issues.  Stop waiting for a magician, a knight, or a make-believe fairytale ending to save the day.  Get it together, take a deep breath, say a quick prayer, strap on your big underwears, and put your brave face on.   

Because your ability to sink or swim starts with your decision to sink or swim. 

Comments

Popular Posts