31 Days of Reclaiming Life: Day 28

If you've been reading along with me this month, I want to thank you for coming along for the ride.  I'm always pleasantly surprised when someone tells me that they read my blog (especially when it's not one of the usual suspects).  Most of the content I write for this blog is for myself, and sometimes I forget that other people are reading it as well.  

But, make no mistake, it makes me so happy when I find out that you have been encouraged or have been in a similar situation.  Thank you for reminding me that I'm normal, too.

I want Seriously. to be a safe place.  I want it to be a place that is gently honest about the ways of the world.  I have a hard time following and reading blogs in which the people always have perfect children, perfect spouses, perfect homes, perfect meals, perfect clothes, and their cute little perfect cup of to-go coffee in their cute little workout clothes (because apparently they don't workout like I workout or they have magical powers that prevent sweating and that awfully red face).  

I just don't think you're being real with yourself.
  
And if you can't be real with yourself, then there is no way that you'll ever be real with me.  

I think of Seriously. as that moment when you meet another person who is a kindred spirit and it's revealed that you are not the only one.  It's the hushed and honest conversation between friends and family.  It's the taking of the hand and saying, "Me, too" and "It's going to be ok" and believing that it's true.  

I want to thank you, dear readers, for taking my hand and coming along with me.  
You encourage me more than you will ever know.  

So, I'm asking you please, on this Wonderful Wednesday--please leave a comment today.  Leave it here below or leave it on the Facebook Seriously. page.  If you're a regular lurker, I do love you, and you are the ones that always make me smile so hard when you leave a ninja comment or make a remark about my work "in real life."  

And finally, thank you to all of you who took the survey this month.  It was very informative and encouraging to read your remarks and suggestions.  I am excited about the direction and future posting opportunities.  Your comments made me laugh and smile, but also helped me think about the ways I post.  

And, most importantly, congratulations to Stacy B!  You won the Starbucks gift card! 

Comments

Popular Posts