31 Days of Reclaiming Life: Day 16

It's hard to believe that we are halfway into October.  But this morning, there is a significant chill in the house that made me reach for my robe and slippers before crawling towards the coffee pot.  Although my allergies have kicked into overdrive this past week, I've been waiting for the weather to finally cooperate and act like the fall.

Because as much as I love summer vacation, the heat and humidity make me mad all over.  

But, fall always makes me a little mushy and gushy inside.  There is something glorious about the changing of the seasons--the crispness in the air, the farewell to humidity, and the snuggly feeling you get putting on your favorite hoodie.  This is the time of year when I'm finally able to wear clothes that cover and flatter and not feel like I'm going to sweat to death.

Fall makes me want to take a deep breath and dive into all that is good in the world. 
Lil M and L in the leaves.
Hold me.
I love the signs of the harvest at the local farms.  I like the smells associated with the baked goods and spices in the stores.  I heart boots.  I like that the newness has worn off of the school year and we are settling into routines.  I love the Charlie Brown specials on tv.  I love the fact that Christmas decorations have made their way on the shelves (nobody likes you, Turkey Decorations).

I love it, love it, love it. 

The ending of the year brings so many beautiful changes.  January makes us haul ourselves to the gym and get all organized, but October invites us to circle the wagons, spend time with our family and friends, and eat until we can't move off the couch.

October is my homegirl. 

Comments

Popular Posts