31 Days of Reclaiming Life: Day 14

And then you have days in which nothing, absolutely nothing, seems to work in your favor. 

Things break, the internet goes down, you field phone calls.  You lose your lunch break, spend hours on things that should have taken minutes, and deal with people and their explosive attitudes.  The children fight, you battle fall allergies, and man oh man oh man, what you wouldn't give to be deserted on a tropical island for a few days. 


And that was my Tuesday. 

I took so many deep breaths yesterday that I started to get a headache.  Some days are expectedly difficult--big presentations, a lot of travel, a busy day.  And then some days come out of no where and bite you on the tail.  I think those are the days we show our grit and gumption.  

When faced with ridiculous situations, we have to remember to not lose sight of who we are and who we want to be.  We have to remember what we do, and Who we belong to.  There have been times in the midst of a chaos when I've handled myself beautifully, and then there have been times when the situation got the best of me and I failed miserably.  

It's good to reflect and process, and it's good to admit that you're only human and that life knows your name, too.  Sometimes it's best to just learn from the situation, go home and go to sleep, and start over again the next morning.  

Morning by morning new mercies I see. . .

Comments

Popular Posts