31 Days of Reclaiming Life: Day 1

Welcome to October and when many of us bloggers participate in the 31 Days of writing challenge!


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. 

I am so guilty of trying to get through each day in order to get through each day.  I am a task-master, a list-maker, a do-er, a mover, and a mama.  I have spent my life getting through each job on my to-do list in order to get to the next thing.  I thrive on efficiency and completion, and I love the satisfaction crossing items off of my paper list.  


But getting through life is not living life to the full.  

Maybe I'm getting old, maybe I'm getting tired, or maybe I've learned to live in autopilot, but I've made it my mission to get through this life without allowing life to get to me.  I like being tough, I like feeling like I can rise above, and I like being the strong one in each situation.  Unfortunately, this perpetual tough-guy attitude does not get along with my tender artist's heart.  I am a highly-sensitive girl and things have a tendency to move my spirit in the most intense ways.  There are deep feelings that saturate my soul and mind, and instead of allowing them to run their course to appreciate that moment, my efficiency meter tends to push them back into submission.  

I want to explore these feelings this month.  I want to explore the things that make us come alive.  I want to think about the things that bring great joy, and those things that rock my soul in sadness.  I want to embrace the highs and the lows and remember to appreciate the very fullness of this short life.  

Will you join me? 

Comments

Popular Posts