31 Day of Reclaiming Life: Day 12

There are a lot of things I do because I have to:

  • I have to eat and sleep.  
  • I have to work.  
  • I have to make sure that my family is safe, fed, and rested. 

And then there are a lot of things that I choose to do because I want to:

  • I go to the gym.  
  • I write.  
  • We are active in our church.  

But sometimes I look at my to-do list and I wonder about some of the items.  Most of them are good or necessary.  Some of them are not fun, but necessary (i.e. toilets, putting the clothes away).  And, sometimes, items creep on the list and they are things that I really don't want to do, but I feel like I should do them.  Maybe it's an extra activity on an already busy day.  Maybe it's because it would make someone else who isn't in my immediate circle happy.  Maybe it's because I have a hard time saying "no" to others.  Whatever it is, sometimes I find myself in the middle of an activity and ask myself over and over and over again why I agreed to it in the first place.

This is my "who thought going to Walmart was a good idea?" face
I'm working hard to reclaim my life.  I want to know that the precious time I'm spending each day was worth every minute.  Sure, there are things that are out of my control and I've accepted as much.

But the things I choose and are in control of?  

I need to make sure they are things that bring joy to my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts