Ups and Downs

Last week as we walked down Main Street at the Magic Kingdom, I heard the familiar opening music from the movie Up


If you've never seen the movie, the first five minutes are a ninja kick to the face.  

I never saw it coming and then I'm ugly crying.

I thought it was a perfect representation of our little family's lives right now. 

On one hand, we just returned from a perfect vacation to the world's happiest place on earth. 

Then we return home, and my grandfather enters hospice two days later. 

I'm so thankful for the ebbs and flows of life, but right now I feel like we've been pulled tight into both directions and our ends are starting to thin. 

I'm doing my very best to remain small and still in these days.  

Trying to appreciate the wonderful little blessings that I have each day--and to remember to give thanks: 

All of my life, in every season
You are still God, I have a reason to sing. 
I have a reason to worship. 

xoxxo, AA


Comments

Popular Posts