The Assault on the Ministry Family: Introduction.

I'm hesitant to write all that I'm about to write.  

I am so incredibly blessed to have married a minister.  Between the two of us, we have served at five different churches, a Christian university, and now we are currently serving at a Christian camp.  We love the unique opportunities that we have been able to experience through our ministries.  We've met incredible people, we've seen lives changed, and we can't imagine our lives being any different.   

Some of our friends also serve in the ministry.  We love being able to share work and life and "talk shop" with these people.  We love that our children have other children who understand how different and incredible and difficult it can be to be in a ministry family.

There are so many blessings that come with serving the church.  But there are also a lot of things that go on behind closed doors that the average church member never sees.  I used to think that I was alone in some of my struggles and issues, but after countless conversations with other ministry families--it's apparent that many of these struggles are becoming universal issues.

My intention is not to attack any church or person in particular.  Dear readers, I want you to understand that I know it is a gift to be called to ministry.  I believe that the good has far outweighed the bad.

But I also want other ministry families to know that they are not alone.  

To be continued. . . 

Comments

Popular Posts