When the Lord moves in mysterious ways.

Sometimes, it's almost impossible to see the Lord moving.  

Photography by my lerve, Christacular.

Especially when His movements are surrounded by tragedy and death and loss and constant disappointment.  

I have so many friends going through so many things.  Things that people should not have to deal with.  Things that would break your heart.  Things that are so confusing and upsetting to even the most rational, calm, and collected person.

We fall to our knees and we look up at Him and we say, "Lord WHY? is this happening?"

And over and over He simply reminds us to Come.  

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”  Matthew 11:28-30 MSG

I know it can be hard to trust Him when it seems like He's allowed such terrible things to happen to you.  I know that you might furious and fearful that He will only bring more loss and disappointment to your life.   I know that reaching out your Hand towards Him feels like you might be taking hold of even bigger problems.  

I've always understood the terror and doubt that Peter felt when he stepped out of the boat.  

What rational person wouldn't be afraid of the storm?

But, the Lord reminds me over and over when I feel my boats rocking and my flesh is so weak that He is still there, He has always been there, and He will always be there.  I can't control the storm.  As much as I'd like to have that control, it's never been given to me.  I have no control over what's coming my way.  

All I have the power to do is to simply get out of the boat and walk towards Him.  

Comments

Popular Posts