You are invited to give yourself a break.

I have too much clutter on my table.

My kitchen needs a serious scrubbing.

My laundry overflows.  I swear there are sock bunnies with magic wands and they wave them to multiply every single article of clothing in the baskets.  Overnight.  And sometimes when I'm at school.

I need to go to the grocery store.  A coffee creamerless fridge on a Saturday morning is death to the soul.

We won't discuss our bathrooms' state of affairs.  All I can say is that they are affairs I'd rather forget. 

Eventually I need to make a nursery our of our catch all/office/children's work area. 

I have had the most ridiculous week at work and schedule and home and insanity and this week isn't looking very promising, either. 

I have visions of organization and primness and sparkles in my home.  Right now I only see leftover glitter from the fancy Christmas wrapping paper that no matter how many times I vacuum and sweep and mop--I STILL find it on my socks and in my daughter's hair when I brush it.   

I blame the elves.  

Troublemakers

I want time to fix myself properly and exercise and sleep--but I'll settle for sleep.  

I want to read to my children and listen to every word of their stories and ensure they have all that they need for faith and school and health and well-being.

I want to spend time with my husband and make our marriage a priority. 

I want to write and let my life out in snippets.  I want to craft words and I want to be inspired by other blogs and books that I read.  

I want to remember why I do all that I do and not feel guilty for wanting time for myself.  

So, it's officially Gimme a Break Saturday at my house, and you are all invited, too.  



I'm going to do what I can do, and I'm going to be ok with it.  I will turn a blind eye to the things that I can't complete today.  I'm going to spend time with the people I love.  I'm going to speak Life to my family. 

My superwoman cape is wrinkly, so I'm going to add it to the laundry pile.  That way, no one else will mistake me for that lady who can do it all at once with a smile on her face.  I don't remember really liking that lady anyhow.  She was so efficient she didn't have time to enjoy what she accomplished.  

Happy Saturday folks.  

Enjoy your break. 

Comments

Popular Posts