Losing it all. . .(but gaining more) Post 3.0

Last December, I had to go to urgent care for what appeared to be a spider bite on my thigh.  It was nasty and black and gross and I wanted to make sure that I had some meds on it before the clinics were closed for the Christmas holiday.  When I went back to be seen by the physician, I had to do the routine height, blood pressure, and weight checks.  When it came time to stand on the scales I was shocked by the number that greeted me.  I was mortified and embarrassed that I had allowed myself to get to that weight.  I decided right then that I was going to lose weight and keep it off.

So, starting on December 26th, I became very serious about my eating and was able to get down to my goal weight in April.  I did it by diet alone and then I was able to maintain my weight by controlling my sugar intake and upping my water.  I really felt better, I was at a healthy weight for my height, and I was still able to indulge in the occasional treat.  I successfully kept the weight off over summer vacation (always a difficulty because of summer snacking).

Recently, I've put back on about 3 of those pounds.  

However, I'm not discouraged because I know it's healthy for women like me:


And, I expect to add another 25 or so to that number before we celebrate another birthday around the first of June 2013.  Our girls are overjoyed and have been so good at keeping the news from everyone since we found out in September.

Someone is VERY excited she's going to be a big sister.  And a little sister.  And the middle sister.
If you had asked me a year or two ago if we were going to have any more children, I would have laughed and laughed and laughed some more.  But, after some serious prayer and discussions, Chris and I decided we would go ahead and see about having one more.  We were still surprised when we discovered we were expecting our third. I think it's always a shock when you see two lines on the test.

It's not been easy these past few weeks--nausea and fatigue have hit me hard.  I've been blessed with the afternoon/evening sickness--but luckily I have been able to take some meds to help with the constant nausea.  It reminds me very much of my pregnancy with Molly--Lily's was a much easier pregnancy in regards to symptoms.  Christacular has really stepped up and earned his superhero cape these past few weeks.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without him.  This pregnancy has really taken its toll on my body, but I know it's a blessing that some people never get to experience, so I'm trying to take it all in stride.

I have some serious suspicions that the baby is a she (as do the girls, who have taken to calling the baby, Sassy Britches), but some of my other family members are rooting for a boy.  He/she will arrive somewhere around the last week of school (I'll be having another c-section), which is perfect for my schedule, but will be very interesting as the 2013 camp schedule kicks into gear.  I don't think there's ever a true perfect time to have a baby, but I know the Lord's timing is perfect.  And I also know we are surrounded by our supportive family and friends who will be more than happy to jump in and help.

So, there you have it.  Our big announcement.  We'd appreciate your prayers (and advice from you parents of three as how to handle it all).

But, we're very excited and can't wait to introduce you to Baby Avery.  

Comments

  1. SO EXCITED for you all! What a tremendous blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world would certainly benefit from a few more Little Amanda Avery's running around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh! congrats! can't wait to see how cute #3 is (although it's gonna be hard to top the cuteness of the first two avery babies). :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts