Exactly the Turkey.

I'm exhausted.  My arm hurts from where I slept on it wrong last night.  My dog is taking entirely too much time this morning to find a good place to potty.  Lily lost her homework sheet.  And, we're having friends over for dinner tonight and I'm missing 3 of the 4 ingredients for our crockpot turkey this evening.

I have exactly the turkey. 

And, for the life of me I couldn't remember to pick up the rest of what I needed to pick up on Tuesday while killing time at Wal-mart.  I had a whole 45 minutes to remember.

And I couldn't remember.  

I am up to my eyeballs in paperwork for school.  I have too many people I am working to assist and please in too many places in too many ways and I've forgotten that all of these deadlines and approvals from others is not the way I want to live my life.  I'm praying that the Lord will take this day and turn it around.  I'm too tired and spent and weary and I am carrying too many loads that aren't mine to carry this morning.

I'm praying that He will take my pitiful turkey of a life and make it into His feast.  

Because the turkey is all I've got this morning.

Gobble, gobble. 

Comments

Popular Posts