First Day of School: 2012

This weekend was a traumatic event.

It was a little ugly on Sunday evening for the grownups in this house.

Everyone realized that a certain little girl in our household was going to school on Monday for the very first time. 

I'll let you figure out which little girl I'm referring to . . . 


I packed their lunches and the girls got their clothes ready for the big day.


Lily's teacher was kind enough to send sleeping confetti for her to put under her pillow in case she was too excited to sleep. 



I got up a few minutes earlier so that I could make some muffins for the girls.  


They were a big hit!


And then we paused for our First Day of School photo session:


August 27, 2012


Molly:  3rd Grade


Lily:  Kindergarten


 We dropped Lily off at her school first.  She was ready to get things going. 


Mom & Dad made it through her departure without any tears.  Whew. 

Molly asked me not to embarrass her by taking a camera into school with her this morning so we have no evidence of her first day of 3rd grade. 

My deepest apologies folks, but I won't risk her reputation. 

Everyone had a great first day!  

Watch out 2012-2013 school year--the Avery girls are ready!

Comments

  1. Aww sweet pictures! I am so proud of them.
    And I totally cried this morning for you, and I didn't even have to drop them off.

    So glad that their first day went well!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleeping confetti?! that is adorable.
    and so are your little ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts