I know. . .let's go to NYC!

The girls and I spent a few days in Delaware with my family.

While we were there we decided to take a quick trip to New York City as it's only about 3 hours away from their home.  We also decided to not tell the girls.  I thought it would be a good surprise, and I didn't want anyone to be disappointed if for some reason it didn't work out.  We began our top secret mission to The Big Apple.  Molly was terribly disappointed that we were planning to use our vacation time to visit an apple farm.  The last thing in the world she wanted to do was to go pick fruit.  She wanted adventure.  She did the best she could to put on a polite face, but I heard that she made it clear to the rest of the family that this was not her idea of fun.

At all.  

We originally planned to go on Friday, but the weather was so terrible we decided to wait until Saturday.  We left around 7am and drove straight to Manhattan.  It was actually a pretty easy drive--even parking in the city wasn't terrible.  It wasn't until we were standing on 42nd Street that I asked Molly where we were--and she just shrugged.  I asked her what it looked like and she said, "New York City?" Poor thing was so confused--we finally had to explain it to her, but once she discovered the truth she was very excited to be there.


It was a beautiful day--low 70s, sunny, and not terribly crowded in the city.  

Perfect.
  

My cousin, Allison.  I want to be as cool as she is when I grow up. 


Wait, this is The American Girl store!



We love McKenna!


And, of course, you can't go to NYC without a visit to FAO (at least not with children).  


And, we finally found The Big Apple--sorry it's from behind the store.  


We had a great day in the city!


We made sure we found the MoMA for Allison.  Again, so cool I can't stand it. 


And then we made our way down to Times Square--and saw the Naked Cowboy.  Molly thought that was hilarious that a man would stand in his underwear playing a guitar in the middle of NYC.  


We ate lunch at The Hard Rock Cafe and then decided we would head home.  

There was so much more that we could have done, but we'll have to save that for future trips.  

Comments

Popular Posts