Home Begins with Him.

Our family recently moved to a youth camp on the river.  He is the camp manager, and I am the head river gazer as I drink my coffee in the mornings.

It's a tough life.  

Especially on those particularly beautiful mornings.  

This place holds a special place in my family's hearts.  My husband spent many weeks at this camp when we was a boy.  He was baptized here.  He felt the call to ministry here.  And this is the place where I met my husband almost 14 years ago.  It's the place we were headed to the day I found out I was pregnant with our first child--and almost 9 years later we baptized her in these river waters as well.  We have seen peoples' lives changed for the better because of this place.

I was out taking photos the other evening around sunset--it's breath-taking most evenings here on the water.  While I was out on the grounds, I was thinking about the night my husband had been offered the position as camp manager here.  Our family was overjoyed at the opportunity to start this journey together.

Because this place is the place where so many of our stories begin.  


I think about all of those years it took for us to get to this place.  For some reason, we always knew that this camp would one day become our place of residence.  We knew that the Lord was leading us to serve in this particular ministry.  It took me a while to figure out why, but I think today I realized why we had such an affinity for this place: 

We knew we were with Him when we were here.


I love looking back at all of the ways He orchestrated this move for our family.  I love His perfect timing and the way He prepared our hearts for this ministry and this time.  

It's no wonder that we already feel at home.  



Dayspring was kind enough to send the garden sign and chalkboard for me to enjoy in my home.  All opinions in this post are my own.  I love these items from their Redeemed collection--and I have a feeling you might like them, too!  And, as a special bonus, from now until the end of the month, you can receive 25% off your entire purchase by using the code JOY2012 at checkout!

Comments

Popular Posts