Review: eFoods Direct

I was recently contacted by eFoods Direct to sample and review some of their ready-made meals.  eFoods Direct believes: Serve, Save, and Share—Serve great food and one another, Save for unforeseen circumstances that lie ahead, and Share the message of gaining control of your food supply and be less dependent on others.


Eastern North Carolinians know all too well the value of being prepared, especially now that it's hurricane season.  There have been many times we've lost power and have resorted to eating pantry items and have grilled all of the meat in our fridges and freezers before it had a chance to spoil. After awhile, I find myself wanting something delicious and warm--and not out of a can!


This week we sampled the Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole package.  Lily, my trusty kitchen assistant, and I found this to be a simple and easy process.  



Notice that the entire meal (4 servings) comes in one small package.  This could very easily store in your pantry or first aid kit for emergencies.  And don't worry about the packets expiring before you have a chance to use them.  This package was good until 2027.  


Yes, 2027.  



Lily will be 20 years old by the time that bad boy expires.  

Wow. 

The process was very simple--even if you lost power you could easily make this meal by putting the pot on the grill.

Start by boiling 5 cups of water.  


Add the package.  


I will admit I got a little nervous when I noticed the large amount of peas.  

I'm not the biggest fan of peas.  

But, I toughed it out for the sake of this blog. 

You're welcome. 



Let the mixture simmer for about 25 minutes. 

It also suggested adding 2 tablespoons of butter. 

Which I did.  


And after 25 minutes (and we had some leftover biscuits from the night before)--

dinner was served!


It was very good!  My family ate several bowls and were very complimentary.  I even ate the peas--and didn't mind it with all of the other flavors.  My husband said it tasted just like a chicken potpie--minus the potpie.  It was delicious and I really enjoyed it.  The cost is very affordable and it is a good, solid meal.    

You can get the same sample package (which contains 3 meals) that we received to try for the cost of shipping (only $9.95)--and honestly, when was the last time you fed your family for a little over $3.00 a meal?  They're worth a try!

I have another package to try and I gave the Tortilla Soup to Lynn for her to review for us.  This is what Lynn had to say about the Tortilla Soup:


It was good! It was easy to make and we added corn chips to it for a little extra taste. The package said you could add salt to taste but we just added the chips instead. It wasn't as thick as I would have liked and Josh wouldn't eat it but David and I each had a bowl. It would definitely be something good to have in an emergency.


Check back soon for another review!  

This is a review of eFoods Direct meals.  All opinions are mine.

Comments

Popular Posts