Take it to the grave.

I've heard it said that you need a few 'take it to the grave' folks in your life in order to properly function. 

These are the friends that will never judge you for your honest emotions. 

These are the friends who know your deepest, darkest, most human thoughts and still call you to chat on a regular basis. 

I've got a few of them in my world, and I'm most grateful for them.  

I need someone to meet my eyes when I'm feeling shameful about my emotions and they let me know they understand and that it's ok. 

I need those people to tell me that I'm not crazy or alone in my thoughts. 

I need those people who can laugh with me and not at me, and if they choose to laugh at me, it's really ok because I trust them not to hold it against me or share it with the masses. 


Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. 
C.S. Lewis

Comments

Popular Posts