Mrs. Avery? I have a question. . .

This month we've been studying musicals in my class.

When watching the beginning of "The Wizard of Oz" one 4th grader raised his hand and said, "Mrs. Avery?  I have a question. . . did all the people back in the day, you know, like the 1980s, wear clothes like the ones those people are wearing?"

I assured him that people in the 1980s did not wear clothes like Dorothy & Co. and assumed he was finished with his questions.

Until. . .

He raised his hand at the end of the class and said, "Was everyone in black and white a long time ago?"

I answered, "You mean television shows?"

"No, like the whole world.  Was it all in black and white a long time ago?"

Face palm.  

Comments

  1. I had a child ask me the same thing my 3rd year teaching.... he was in sixth grade. I also had a girl ask me what you are supposed to do if you are in an airplane when an earthquake strikes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts