Airing it Out

Sometimes life can get a little stuffy.  

April is one of those times.  We're barely into spring, we've tasted the coming summer, but it's still not warm enough to leave the windows open all the time.  It makes me wistfully look out my windows and pull my robe tighter and cling to my coffee for the warmth it provides.

And I sigh. 
  
Because, really, there's no use complaining about it.

I've never liked being kept.  I don't enjoy being strapped down.  I don't like it when I'm put in parameters I didn't set for myself.  Don't sit too close to me and please don't invade my personal space.

It makes me feel like the walls are closing in on me and I. need. to. move. before I get the heebs.  

Sometimes life seems like that.  You're put in a situation you didn't ask for.  Your favorite friend decides he or she wants to find another favorite friend.  Your company decides they no longer need your position.  You're graduating and you still don't have a job lined up.  You have major bills looming over your head.  

You've been handed a pitiful set of cards in the game of life.  

And you can see the other side of things. . . it's right there in front of you.  But you just aren't there, yet.  You can't go outside and play in all of the goodness waiting for you.  You have to sit, and be patient, and deal, and work, and do your time like everyone else.  

This week I've had an opportunity to air things out.  Chris and I got out of town for the night, I had a long talk with a few friends about things close to our hearts, and I got to visit with my family.  It's so good when you have a chance to let go of some of the things that are heavy on your heart, to gain perspective, and to breathe a little.   

And it's a good thing because my heart was getting too stuffy.       

Comments

Popular Posts