Little Family of 4

Today we are cleaning and organizing around the Avery household (more on that topic later, maybe tomorrow or the next day).  

Last night, I went through my eldest daughter's closet and pulled out the outgrown items.  The favorites went into a box with Lily's name on it for later.  The least favorites and least worn items went into a bag for Goodwill.

This morning I started the same process for my youngest child's closet. 

The least favorites and the least worn items went into the same bag for Goodwill.

The outgrown favorites. . . well, I couldn't do it.  I couldn't put them into the bag for Goodwill.  I just couldn't.  It almost made me mad that I couldn't do it and mad that I was in the situation that I felt like I needed to do it.  

Please tell me I'm not the only lunatic who is probably not having another child but isn't quite ready to give away a few pretty dresses.  

Like the dress she was wearing here:

Lauren Thorn Photography
I just can't part with it.  Not yet.  

Maybe it's the colors.  

Maybe it's the top-knot sprout of sweetness. 

Look at those cheeks.  

And those curls.

Swoon.

Whether it's about the dress or something more, I'm not ready to deal with it today.

So I put it, and a handful of other dresses, into a small box to store in the attic. 

I'll just deal with it another day when I'm feeling emotionally stable.  

Comments

  1. I have 3 rubbermaid boxes in our shop full of those very same "special" items. Save them you might have beautiful little granddaughters one day that would be so sweet in those clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have held things, wanting to be able to hold the joy-of-the-moment that the "thing" reminds me of, so I understand. Food for thought: you are blessing someone else when you pass along those treasured things, allowing somebody else the experience of joy and happiness. Maybe that will help when you do decide to let (a few) them go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts