I am Most Thankful

For the little things

eating with family outside in a barn

cheesecake cupcakes and my sweet nephew Ryan
 (Not to be confused with the other Ryan_ _ _ who also makes them.  I'm thankful for her as well.  And her cupcakes.)

taking a deep breath 

International Delight creamer on sale at Food Lion (how else can one fully experience all of the holiday flavorings unless they are 4/$5???)  

Buster Ray Dog and the way he hides his special treats from his Grandmama Carolyn

laughter

old stories with good friends

coffee, fire, journal, Word

flannel sheets

grandparents who let their grandchildren spend the night

Wednesday night tv dates with my spouse 

simple delights of children

swirly whirly leaves

my students--past and present who make me laugh, smile, and glad I chose my profession

the fragrance of holiday cooking

cousins

a beautiful morning to collect the paper--especially the one containing the Black Friday specials

for crazy friends who stay up late with you doing crazy things with all of those other crazies out there

good co-workers

the comforts of home

and a sweet Baby's birth.


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!  
I hope your day is filled with family, friends, fellowship, and good memories! 

Comments

  1. Amanda, I haven't known you well at all, but I'm thankful for you. You did things for and with the students at MACU that I could never have done. You connected far better with them than I ever did. They responded so well to your instruction and leadership in so many ways, even students not in the minor. Thanks ever so much for the sacrifices you made to do that work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sam--your words are most kind. I really loved my experience at MACU and I miss that place. However, I'm loving being more present at home. It was a difficult decision, but one I've made peace with.

    I am glad our paths crossed a few times while I was there. :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours--

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great day today! I am so thankful that you are my sister!
    Love ya!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts