Slow Down.

Yesterday morning I was sprucing up a little around the house (as much as one can spruce up when your daughter's belongings are all in the dining room due to hurricane damage thankssomuchIrene) and put on a little holiday music because well, it's right around the corner and I was feeling a little blahismal (you like that word?  I just made it up--sort of a cross between "blah" and "dismal").

And this time of year tends to lift my spirits for a good number of reasons.  

We all know how I feel about this:


and this


and them (oh my goodness, look how little they were!)

(and my lerve, Christacular, is still so handsome)

Photography by Lauren Thorn
 Oh yes, and this:


Footed pajamas--be still my heart!

And I got caught up in watching my girls--another year older, another year wiser (I'm still holding out that Molly will have just maybe one more year of SC--we've already figured out that the TF and the EB are fictional characters), another year has come and gone.  

And I whispered to God, "Please, let it slow down."

Because this life just moves too quickly sometimes.  

It seems like just a few months ago I took down all of the decorations and here we are back at that time of year again. 

This week we've been reminded once again that life is so precious and fleeting.  

I don't want to get so caught up in the day-in and day-out that I lose them (and my life) in the process.  

 Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.  
Psalm 90:12 NLT 

Comments

  1. Seeing your pictures reminds me that we need to schedule this year's photos! Message me so we can set something up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts