My Superwoman Cape is Wrinkly.

And sometimes it hangs a little crooked.

When I'm looking for the gentle breeze to flow behind me, sometimes a gushing wind accidentally blows my cape up over my head.

It might be slightly stained by life events and activities.

The other day I noticed that it had faded just a smidge.  It's only to be expected when one flies so close to the sun.

It might not be the newest model, but those things are so expensive!

Sometimes my Superwoman body doesn't respond quite like it used to.  I wonder if Clark Kent ever woke up and had tired bones?

And sometimes I really doubt the reliability of the Superwoman Weight Loss Plan.

But, I'm doing the best I can:

Truth, justice, and the wifemommyfriendteacherhousekeepermusiciancooklaundryandkeeperofallthingsscheduled way.  

And it's just going to have to do.  

And I'm going to be the very best that I can be.  

Because the rest of that stuff that I beat myself up with is kryptonite to my soul and well-being.   

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.   Matthew 11:28-30 The Message

 

Comments

  1. I am so glad I read your post tonight ~ just what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts