Beauty in the Now.

There are moments I look ahead and wonder, "What if?"

What if this situation comes to pass?  What if this situation doesn't come to pass?

It can all be a very worrisome process.  Ponder, worry, concern, and consider.  Repeat.

This morning I'm choosing to find the beauty in the now.  

The beauty of this morning.  This afternoon.  The today.  The tonight.

The beauty in my life this minute.  Without worry for tomorrow.  Without worry for later this week.  Without worry for a month, year, decade, or lifetime from now.

There is enough to do today to keep my mind occupied. 


There are dreams to make, pictures to draw, laundry to fold, counters to clean.  There are crumbs to wipe, faces to kiss, and books to read.  There are fairy princesses, bubbles in the tub, and the sunlight streaming through my windows at various points within the day.

There is beauty here.
Right this minute.
In the now.

Comments

  1. Love this! Thanks for the reminder. We all need to practice living in the now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too. I'm looking at the beauty in my "now" as I'm pondering so many "what ifs" in our future.

    My sweet 18 month old who discovered this month that "mommy" actually means something (and has been calling me incessantly ever since). Friends giving us hand-me-downs and me finding great bargains at a consignment sale which led to each child having more than enough clothes for the season. A comfortable couch to lie down on and a hubby who is willing to come home early to allow me to sleep for a few hours before night shift tonight. The blessing of not one, but TWO jobs when so many can not even find one.

    Yes, I'm incredibly blessed in the "now".

    Thanks, Amanda. Still praying for your "now" and for your future as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts