Let Life Resume as Normal

In a lot of ways I feel like this is the calm before the storm.

These weeks of waiting, ticking through days and life, the day in and day out routine.

I don't have to look very far to see people in the midst of waiting--a friend with a promotion to the top of the company, friends expecting babies, friends waiting to hear about a new job, friends waiting on their wedding and life together, friends waiting out chemo treatments and waiting more for results, friends waiting for a move, friends waiting on the next big thing.

At the Avery house we have some things we are waiting on as well.  Nothing quite as exciting as new babies or promotions, and certainly nothing as scary as cancer.

Those little things can be just as mentally taxing if we let them be.

I find that when I have a lot on my mind and a lot on my heart I tend to wallow in it a little.

And it is not very attractive.

I examine it.  I think about it.  I obsess over the details.  I try to figure out what's going to happen.  I research.  I dream about it.  I worry.  I try to look at it from every angle.  I think about how it's going to affect me.  I think about how it's going to affect my family.  I think about how it's going to affect others.  I think about how it's going to affect my lifestyle.  I think about how it's going to affect my schedule, my routine, my world.

I turn myself completely inside out, and then realize it was a lot of stress and mud over nothing.

Because que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be. 

And when I recognize that I have absolutely no control over what happens in my life, I tend to unclench and realize that I am wasting valuable time.  

I'm wasting the minutes in my life, minutes I'll never get back, minutes that could have been used more wisely.  

There are certainly no rollover minutes in this game of life.  And I would hate to look back and determine how many minutes I have spent playing the "what if?" game with myself.  

So, I say to all of my friends currently playing the waiting game:  Go about your business, try not to fret, deal with things as they come along, and try to enjoy this time.

Matthew 6:34 (The Message):  Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.    


For a wonderful post on the time in between, check out Caroline's words!  You will not be disappointed! 

Comments

  1. Great post! I just love your writing style it has such a nice flow to it! You've got a real knack for this blogging thing!!

    www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts