Psalm 100

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth
Worship the Lord with gladness; 
come before Him with joyful songs. 
Know that the Lord is God
It is He who made us, and we are His
We are His people, the sheep of His pasture
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise
For the Lord is good, and His love endures forever
His faithfulness continues through all generations. 

Many of my friends and loved ones are making decisions this week.  I have friends seeking care for sickness, friends trying to determine job situations, friends wrestling with family situations.  

I know I have my own issues and things I'm working through this week--things that are extremely near and dear to my heart.  I have things I need to make decisions for, things I'm waiting on, and things I need to say.  

It's enough to make a planner like me a tiny bit crazy. 

But, I am reminded on this glorious eastern NC spring morning, that the Lord who is in charge of the sun rises, the spring blooms, and the seasonal changes also calls me His own.  

I belong to Him like everything else, and if He can control and balance all things in the palms of His infinite hands, then I need not fear.  He certainly has it all figured out and will continue to figure it out--without any help from me.  

Therefore, I will trust that the Good Shepherd will guide me in the daily steps I make.  I trust that He means me no harm and only wants what's best for me.  He knows I'm thirsty long before my throat dries.  He knows I'm hungry and need to be fed long before my stomach growls.  He knows when I need rest and comfort, and He knows how to speak to me in a way I will understand.    

Therefore, I will rest in the understanding that He, who holds it all in His hands, has more than enough room to hold me as well.  

Selah.  


Comments

  1. Thanks for this reminder! I am a divine creation of God and He has a most perfect plan for me and my life as well as our family!

    I'm a planner as well and this "in limbo" stuff is driving me crazy!! I'll just keep trusting and waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts