Untitled.

I love to be around creative types.

For whatever reason, I gravitate towards them.  They speak my language, they don't roll their eyes, they don't click the red X button on the screen when they see my blog is yet another daily dose of humanity and retrospectiveness.

My idea of Heaven (besides being blessed with a voice like Lauryn Hill--because I know God has that in mind for me when I get there and get my perfect body), is sitting around all day with steaming cups of coffee and talking about all things create-able.  To be allowed to wallow, absorb, and learn from one another.

It's very whimsical.    

I also tend to become very wary of their opinions and judgements.  The ones that are unexpressed are always the worst.  They are the ones I imagine in my head but never hear in audible form.  I just assume.

And we all know what happens when we assume. . .right?  

I loved my 8th grade english teacher. 

If you're a faithful reader or if you're someone who just stumbled across this today, you need to know a few things about this blog. 

This is my blog.  My blog, my blog, myblogmyblogmyblog.  

And because it's my blog, sometimes it's going to be a light hearted look on life, other times it's sappy and mommyish, and then sometimes it's downright depressing. 

But, isn't life that way?  Cycles of insanity, fun, and sadness?  Tension and release, ebb and flow?  

This is my creative outlet of late.  I mentioned this in an email to a friend yesterday (or perhaps it was the day before?  It all runs together.)  

I blog to let it all out, to wash my soul, to clear my head.  And most of the time I invite you on this journey with me.  There are moments of selecting careful words and trying to protect those around me, but as a general rule, this is my honest to goodness life.  

There are several times I worry before I press "publish post" because what if people don't like it?  What if they think I'm too __________?  What if they stop reading?  What if they judge me?  What if they change their opinion of me?  What if I damage a relationship?

But, 99.9% of the time I publish.  If this is my art, if this is my heart and soul, then I do a disservice to myself and to the craft by holding back.  

So, please note that I really want you to like what I write, I really want you to find something of value in my blog, and I want you to come back.  

But what I want most in all of this is to be transparent.  

So, please know that what you read is me just being me.  

Take it or leave it.   

Comments

  1. I look forward to hearing your Lauryn Hill voice someday. And to whimsical coffee wallowing. Thanks for keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that's just what art is... shining a light and letting others examine the creativity God gave us. It's not for uniqueness or independence, but rather just us being us. I enjoy reading your sincere art Prof. Avery!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts