Love Songs: The Collies

Today we're kicking things off with the Collies!  They currently live and serve in South Africa with Samaritan's Feet.  They have one adorable little boy and one on the way--although I hope and pray by the time this posts that baby Collie will have arrived!  You can read more about Caroline by visiting her blog.  

Hero Hubs and I laboured over a love song list. (Ya know, since I'm not in actual labour yet, we've got the time.) 

10. Making Love Out of Nothing at All -- Air Supply It is hard not to laugh at this. Magic. (A little tongue in cheek, but this has to have a place on the list.)

9. Now That We Found Love (What are we Gonna Do...with it?) by Heavy D and the Boyz. We put this song in the soundtrack of the wedding video the Hubs made my sister. It has really felt like love ever since. 

8. All Out of Love by Air Supply They almost cornered the market on love songs, really. It's just too classic not to be included.

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you...

7. Love is Strange -- Mickey and Sylvia (from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack) Thanks to our age difference and my high and naïve hopes for changing the world, the Hubs and I make a great Johnny and Baby. Except we waited until we were married...you know.

Sylvia... Yes Mickey... How do you call your lover boy? [...]
Baybay...ohhh Baybay...my sweet baybay...You're the one!

6. (I've Had) The Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes (also from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack) Like I just said, we're Johnny and Baby.

5. Paper Weight by Joshua Radin. Someone burned this on a CD for me before Mark and I started dating. We listened to it on our trip around South Africa when we got engaged. Simple lyrics and lovely voices that just complement each other so beautifully. It just feels like love.

Every word you say, I think I could write down.
Don't want to forget, come daylight.

4. Africa by Toto (We walked into our wedding reception to this song. I just loooove the lyrics. 

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you.... there's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do. 
I bless the rains down in Africa...gonna take some time to do the things we never have...

3. To Be With You by Mr. Big (This has to be THE number one love song of all time in my book -- it's just not number one in the Hubs.Seriously. It has been my favourite since High School.) 

I'm the one who wants to be with you...deep inside I hope you feeeel it tooo. 
Waited on a line of greens and blues, just to be the next to be with you.

2. Fields of Gold by Sting The imagery of the lyrics in this song is just so stunning. What's not to love?

1. When I Fall in Love as sung by Nat King Cole (actually really special to us -- this was the song we danced to at our wedding. Nat King Cole is a favourite of the Hubs' Dad.)

Thanks Caroline and Mark!  This is a great list! 

Stay tuned for tomorrow's list. . . 

Comments

  1. 9, 7, 6, 4, 2, 1 are some of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE songs of all time. Loved this list! Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Dirty Dancing additions to the list! Nobody puts Caroline in a corner!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts