Good Enough

My house is receiving a lot of company this holiday season. 

Friends, family, and the folks who grace our home on a regular basis. 

I've decided I'm not super woman.  

Therefore, you must heed this warning if you come to my house this holiday season:

You may find clutter. 

You may find boxes of things moving to and from the attic. 

You will find laundry in various seasons of putting away-age. 

You might find incomplete home improvement projects. 


You may find dishes in the sink. 

You may find dust. 

You may find unmade beds. 

You may find toys strewn all over the house. 

You may find this and that. 

You might find me in my sweatshirt and pj pants.

But, I guarantee you'll find love and celebration of the season. 



Dear friends, that will just have to be good enough. 


Comments

  1. Lady...come take a visit to my house, only about an hour away from you. You will see kitchen stuff in the living room, flooring still in boxes yet to be put down, jackets thrown where they may find a place, and unfortunately no Christmas decor on the inside because of the renovations...yes very sad. BUT they will come. So please come feel better about your mess and take a gander at ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this about MY house?! It seems like it's in a constant state of chaos! Dirty clothes here...clean clothes there. Thanksgiving decorations on the table upstairs waiting to go in the attic, Christmas still making it's way out of the box downstairs. Part of the kitchen backsplash ripped out just waiting for me to buy the rest of the beautiful faux tin tiles that are to be installed. A beautiful bookcase in the living room that has been begging me to paint it for almost a year now.

    But I have decided to take it all in stride. I finally have realized that I have children and that I can not expect a perfectly decorated or clean home at all times (at least not for another 18 years or so!). But we are happy and healthy and that's all that matters!

    And I love your green kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts