To My Incredible Students

Hello Friends, 


This week has been horrible.  


I don't how to say it any better than that.  It has taken everything we've had within us to hold it together and to carry on.  I see it written all over your faces in class--the pain, the sadness, the agony, the shock, the horror, the anger, the brokenness.  


We are emotionally, physically, and spiritually spent.  


I have seen some of you at your absolute worst this week.  


And you have seen many of the staff members at their worst.  


But, you continue to humble me.  


You, dear students, when faced with a horrible situation have pressed on and clung to Christ like never before.  You have loved on one another and held your heads high.  You are walking through the fire and though there is evil all around, you continue to keep your eyes in the right place.  


I am immensely proud of you.  Many of you have joked about my excessive love for you--as well as my leaky eyes.  But know that when I shed tears for you these are tears of compassion, love, and proud mama tears.  You have been incredible this week and I pray that as you continue this journey you will fix your eyes upon the Lord.  


2 Corinthians 4:8:  We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair

I love you all. 

XOXXO


Comments

  1. Amanda:
    You know I love you. You know I'm praying for you. You know if you want to ugly cry about it in the middle of Chico's during lunch with friends, I got your back ;-) I'm not trying to make light of your situation though; seriously - if you need anything, I know I'm not old and wise, and I'm still very green so to speak, but I will do anything I can for you.

    Psalm 34:18
    "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
    (one of my all time favorites)

    XOXO

    Amanda's Students:
    Please know that I am praying for each and every one of you and all of the other students. This situation isn't as "close to home" to me as it is to all of you... (my dad went to RBC yeeeeaaaars ago, and other then having friends that go there and teach there, that's about it). I'm trying to wrap my mind around it, and it's my hope that somehow through all of this, that each of you will find peace.

    Love and Prayers,
    Rachel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts