Sometimes

I like to be sad.

Sometimes I like to lament.

I like to wallow.

Sometimes I like the taste of tears on my face.

I like the shudders of agony.

Sometimes I embrace the darkness.

Because I knows its name.


Sometimes I hear the hearts of the broken.

I always cry with them.

Sometimes I give them a piece of my heart.

I hear the words they refuse to say.



I'm not a depressed soul.

I just tend to love on the broken.

I sing their songs because I know the words.



Sometimes I'm overwhelmed.




Because in those very moments I find my Joy.

Comments

  1. I hope you aren't listening to The Cure while you are doing this and your husband is keeping the black lipstick and razors out of your reach. lol
    I've only been following you for a few weeks now and I must say you write eloquently. I enjoy reading each post.
    http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Asha: HA! No, I'm certainly not a Cure fan believe it or not--and I'm not depressed. These days it seems like I'm surrounded by people or things that have been very sad and tragic and for whatever reason it's on my heart to love on them.

    It's not as noble as it sounds, but it's been something that has been constantly echoed in my spiritual life recently. I'm a Christian and I believe we are called to help those in need. I've had my share of ups and downs like everyone else--and so I like knowing that my pain/sadness/anger in events past was not in vain, but perhaps a way of preparing me for future seasons.

    I'm also a musician--and we musician/artisty people tend to swallow life whole and feel the emotions of others very deeply. It's a blessing and a curse sometimes. lol.

    Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I never put it into words like this, but I think you did it for me. I feel the same way. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Amanda. Through shared suffering, God allows us to help one another grow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts