Thoughts on Thursday: These Things

When I think about the past week--the deaths of some very good people, a near miss with a strong hurricane, stresses and struggles at work, and the regular ins and outs of life--I'm reminded that life is so fleeting and short.  We don't know how long we have on this merry-go-round, and unfortunately it takes weeks like this past one to put us on our knees and reassess about what's REALLY important.

Therefore, this is the short list of importance:

1.  My faith.  I need my faith like I need breath.  I am not strong enough to do life on my own.  Despite the fact that I used to run around in Wonder Woman underoos, I'm not an action figure.  I need my faith to get me through this ridiculous crapola of a world we live in--to remind me to keep putting one foot in front of the other, that there are better things waiting, and these stresses are momentary.

I honestly don't know how people do it on their own without any hope for something better.  That is not religious mumbo jumbo--that is my honest query.

2.  My family.  They are too precious to me and I refuse to sacrifice my time with them.  Sometimes this doesn't jive too well with other folks because they don't understand my need to be with and there for them.  I will not get this time back--I will not get this morning back, I will not get yesterday back, I will not get a do-over.  When I look back I don't want to regret one thing because I decided to let trivial things get in the way.


Lily was staring at the thousands of dragon flies directly overhead. 


My Christacular.  My lerve.  My baby daddy. 


Sweet stupid Buster Ray


What a mess!


  She gets me. 


3.  The simple things we take for granted--the morning/evening glow of the world, laughter, delicious smells, conversations with loved ones and friends, blankies, the sound of little feet in the morning and crazy hair, hugs and kisses, and exhilaration.




This is why I do what I do. 








More to come. . . 

Comments

Popular Posts