Happy Birthday Dear Jill, Happy Birthday to YOU!

Hello Friend--today would have marked your 50th birthday on this earth.

I can see you running around Heaven saying, "Hi I'm Jill and I'm only in my 40s."

You are such a funny girl that way.

We miss you so much--and some days I would give anything to hear your voice or shoot you an email to tell you what's on my mind and heart.  You always had a great story to share or funny incident to laugh about.

Yesterday at church we sang one of your songs.  Rachel sang the high notes--she rocked it out.  You would have been so proud of her.  I will never be able to sing it again without getting a little teary.

I miss laughing and crying with you the most.

It hurts the most when I unexpectedly forget that you aren't around.  When reality crashes in.

However, I don't wish for one moment for you to come back and deal with that stupid terrible, terrible, terrible disease.  Not a bit.

I know you're well and fine--and that gives me great comfort.

XOXXO

Comments

  1. Love your post -- a wonderful tribute to such an amazing woman! She is missed greatly, even by those who only knew her through her blog.

    "Happy Birthday, dear Jill!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, when I saw it on the set list for Sunday I was like... "whew... ok... here it goes... I will NOT cry."

    Still weird to look over to the side whenever I sing and have that empty spot where she used to sit.

    I miss her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts