Thoughts on Thursday: New School Year Edition

1.  Molly had a pretty good day at school yesterday.  She would prefer to stay in her beloved Mrs. Payton's class but I keep reminding her that her friends are no longer with Mrs. Payton and she would never learn anything.  She tells me, "Yes, but we could have a lot more fun if I didn't have to go to school."

2.  Survived my first day of students yesterday.  Wednesdays are going to be long this year, but ok.  I like my classes, I like my students, and I like my job.

3.  My personal verse of the semester is James 1:19:  My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.  Sometimes, and this may come as a shock to you, I tend to spout exactly what comes to my mind, especially when I feel wronged.  There are plenty of times if I would just simma down and give myself a minute to pause, pray, and assess the situation I would not have to play clean up with my comments.  


Last semester it was Ephesians 6:12:  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. This reminds me when I'm having a bad day, especially at work, that it's not about me vs. those people that tick me off--that it's me allowing Satan to steal my joy. 


No way.  No how.  


4.  I look forward to working with both of my two performance groups this semester.  Extremes but so good!  


5.  I really want Molly to have a great year in first grade.  My first grade teacher was my mom's best friend and her classroom was directly across the hall from my mom's classroom.  I couldn't even get a Warning beside my name (only happened once thank you very much and only because my rings fell off my fingers during naptime I wasn't playing or doing anything wrong AND it happened to be the week that the good kids who didn't get a W by their names got FULL SIZED HERSHEY CHOCOLATE BARS for treats while the rest of us had to sit with our heads down and watch our friends consume said chocolate bars) before my mother would come into the room and give me the look.  Sigh. But I loved first grade and I remember learning a lot. 


6.  Chris is camping in the backyard with the girls Friday night.  Molly loves to do this--but she "roughs it" with her DVD player and fan hooked up to the extension cord.  I'm sure they will watch "Secondhand Lions" and talk their daddy's ears off.  


7.  I worked 4 days last week and will have worked 4 days this week.  Whew.  It caught up with me last night.  I wanted to cry I was so tired--so I just soaked in the tub and tried to make the world disappear. 


8.  Broccoli (does anyone else sing the "b-r-o-cc-oli, broccoli, broccoli" rhythm from Elmo's World?  I will never misspell that again!) Salad is my favorite.  I could eat it all by myself. 


9.  Pirate football in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really hope it's televised as we don't have tickets.  I can't WAIT!


10.  I'm sooooooo excited about Waco.  I really need a countdown or something on my sidebar. 

Comments

Popular Posts