Saturday, August 14, 2010

Super Saturday

This morning I woke up and decided to run over to the mall because one of my favorite clothing stores was having an awesome sale on their pants (buy one get one free).  I used to shop all the time and buy a ridiculous amount of clothes or whatever because I felt like I needed them.  If I didn't have the money I'd just plunk down my store credit card and voila! have a whole new ensemble.  I have never felt like a cute girl, but I would buy really cute clothes and then pretend to be cute.  This continued until I had Molly and then all of the sudden all my money went towards taking care of her needs and my priorities shifted.  I really didn't need new clothes and I sort of wanted to hide my less than stellar post-baby body.  I also lost all sense of style and what is actually stylish and what the key pieces are for the current season.

AND Chris and I have been very mindful of our spending for the past two years and have made a point not to put unnecessary items on credit. We've closed all of our store cards (with the exception of Lowe's and Best Buy because they offer credit terms without interest--essentially like layaway which I am a total fan of on big ticket items--and we ALWAYS pay them off by the end of the term) and have narrowed our debt down to one credit card with a smaller balance in comparison to what we've had in the past.

I also recognize that I am neither 6 feet tall nor rail thin and that fashion is not aimed for a regular girl like myself.  However, there is a part of me that really likes to feel cute.  And any girl that denies that is a liar.  I don't care what she says--we like to feel cute/pretty/hot/attractive.  

Cute means different things to different girls, but we all crave the need to feel comfortable in our own skin.

So this morning I went to the mall and looked for several key pieces to enhance my fall wardrobe.  I was given a set amount to spend by Chris.  I am so fortunate that I'm only in the office 3 days a week so I do not have to have quite the extensive wardrobe.  I also really appreciated the fact that Chris kept the girls at home so I could go by myself.  I didn't feel like I had to rush and I could just sort of browse around.

I'm happy to report that I did find some clothes items for GREAT prices (I am pleased to report that I stayed within $15 of my budgeted amount--and saved almost $150 on my purchases) and I feel pretty good about starting the new school year.  The fashion police will most likely not see me as a major offender (I hope!) nor will I receive a badge of honorable mention, but I feel ok.

And I'm ok with feeling ok. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails