Thoughts on Thursday: VBS Edition

1.  VBS ends today.  Praise the Lord!  I love the excitement it generates with the children, but I am exhausted.  It's been a great week with record attendance.  I am so thankful for all of the volunteers who have made the week so great for our kids at church. :)

2.  Molly is going through a "I don't have to listen to you" stage and it's about to kill me.  And, as a result of my killage, she is getting a healthy dose of stern talking to's, spankings, time outs, and loss of privileges. I hate, hate, hate having to deal with this.  Normally she's a relatively good kid, but this week she has lost her mind.

3.  Lily has started realizing there is something "wrong" with her eyes.  It breaks my heart to hear her ask "why?" and "what's wrong with my eyes?"  She is cute wearing her patches and glasses, though.

4.  Summer is officially halfway over for me.  I'm looking forward to seeing my students, but I'm not loving the idea of not being home.

5.  I could really use a date night with my husband.  I hope we are able to get away to Savannah in a few weeks for our anniversary.

6.  My dog refuses to potty when it's wet.  He's too prissy.

7.  Chris and I have been doing P90X and it's kicking our butts.  It's a great workout and we're enjoying doing that together. :)

8.  A HUGE spider jumped on me last night during music at VBS.  I felt something crawling on me but couldn't see it because I was wearing my swim goggles.  I looked down and saw this HUGE brown creepy thing on my arm and almost screamed!  Luckily, I tracked it down on the ground and stomped it. Dead.

9.  I am excited about attending the DCB conference in September!!!!

10.  Going back to the library tomorrow--any suggestions on summer reads?  I would like something easy on the brain. . .

Comments

  1. haha--if anyone reads #8 that hasn't been there, i'm sure they're quite confused about the swim goggles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Firefly Lane girls was a really sweet book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was awaken last night to a spider crawling on my arm! How many of those things do they say you eat in a life time? I don't think I really want to know!

    You're doing a great job with VBS. The kids are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guerrilla Lover is awesome, but may be more challenging than what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 things:

    1) You know you can always call Rashur-Tytarr if you want a date night with your lerve. We always look for excuses to hang out with your girls (even though we don't really have to have excuses lol). I know you're talkin about Savannah, Georgerrrr but anytime you need a night away, just holllaaa!

    2) Let a spider fall on me (any size, ESPECIALLY a big nasty furry creepy ugly brown one) and you will see me go crazy -scream and possibly cry and pee myself a little. So, I'm giving you props on remaining sane and killing it dead after you got it off of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts