Thoughts on Thursday
I admit things have been a little chaotic--and while I may have been absent from the blogging world lately, I've been busy enjoying my family and catching up around the house and with schoolwork. But, here are my thoughts on Thursday afternoon:
1. I love that we were able to get a good deal and purchase a new fridge and dishwasher! Yea for Earth Day deals and tax cuts! :) Chris got in line at 6am this morning to make sure we got a good deal for our new dishwasher. Last night we ran into Billy at Lowe's and got a CRAZY deal on the fridge. New energy efficient side-by-side fridge and dishwasher for under a $1000! Hurray!
2. I love Lily's new Princess and the Frog pjs--so sweet! She loves that movie and is constantly singing "Almost There" around the house.
3. Today is my nephew's birthday and we are going to celebrate with dinner tonight. This Saturday we are going to my niece and nephew's birthday party.
4. I have only 2 more guitar lessons left, a final project, and a final paper due before the end of the semester. I can't believe it's almost over! Then I will present my project mid-June and be DONE with grad school!!!
5. Sometimes I am curious about starting my DMA, but I'm not sure where I would do that. There aren't any local universities with the program in the area. I am not thrilled with the idea of more school right this minute either.
6. I love this weather--nice and sunny. Not too hot, not too cold, just right!
7. I am still recovering from tour exhaustion. I think I entered it with a deficit, and now I'm paying for it severely.
8. The doctor said Lily's eyes were better, but she will continue to wear the patch for 6 hours a day. And she will probably continue to wear a patch until she's 6 or 7 years old. And THEN we would consider surgery. But, I'm thankful we caught this early and she's seeing a great specialist. It could be worse.
9. Molly is getting ready to complete kindergarten. It's so hard to believe that my little girl has finished her first year in school. She has done so well and has had such a good time. She loves her teacher and her classmates. I'm so proud of her!
10. This is my favorite tour photo:
2010 MACU Praise Team