Whispering

Do you ever get the feeling that God is whispering something in your ear?

So faintly that when you stop and listen you can't really make out the words, but you know something is stirring in your soul.

There are moments lately I wonder, What are You trying to tell me?

I'm straining my ears--wondering why these thoughts stir in my heart--wondering if these are kingdom minded thoughts--wondering if my intuition is telling me something or if I'm jumping to conclusions.

Sometimes I shout in my head, "WHAT???  What is it?!?!" as if I expect Him to shout it out from Heaven.

Foolishness.

I can't put my finger on it, but I have a feeling things are preparing for a season of change.

Sometimes I don't even like to write or think it because what if it's something scary? Bad?  Awful?

But then again what if it's something great?  Incredible?  Fantastic?

I don't know.

But I have that feeling.

Comments

  1. Amanda, that is SO weird that you just posted this. I seriously JUST talked to Chris Woolard about some thoughts very similar to that that I've been having... I have that "feeling" too... I'm not even kidding. I haven't posted it in detail for the same reasons you mentioned! - it could be bad, scary etc... But you're right, it could be wonderful. I don't know. But I feel like God has big plans for me, maybe not even big... but I don't know... I'm just missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having that feeling too. It is a sense of impending great change. I also can't identify an earthly source.

    I told my husband "I can feel a really big change coming" There is no reason for it, he has his own business, the days of moving corporately are over, we love where we live and yet in my core I sense this uprooting that is going to take place. My decision making lately has been colored with...will it really matter...and then I find myself talking inside my head "of course it matters" and yet I can't shake this feeling.
    Now, with your "confession" I am going to reasses my feelings, allow them, try to hear the whisper that is apparently prevailing across the land...I live on the west coast. If you can hear the message more clearly I hope you'll be courageous enough to post it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts