A+

Sometimes as a teacher you wonder if your students recognize that you are a human being and that you are not supposed to be at their beck and call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  You get annoyed that they completely expect you to drop everything for their "emergency" (i.e. they didn't do their 18 pages of homework that was due last month and want an extension so they can not have a failing midterm grade or something crazy like that.  Of course MY students would NEVER try that craziness with me!)  You wonder if they recognize you as a real person with a family, needs, stresses, life, children or just view you as sort of this Dr./Mr./Mrs. So and So who materializes long enough to teach them a lesson, assign homework, give a test, and then disappear into the dungeon we came out of.

It can be discouraging.

Unless you have awesome students like mine.  

Today I found a card slipped under my office door with a very, very kind note (AND an Applebee's giftcard!  YUM!) from an anonymous student.  It totally made my day and I really appreciated the thoughtfulness.  This student encouraged me, and while I wish I knew who she was (only because she signed it as a "sister in Christ"), I also liked the fact that she didn't need/want acknowledgement for her kindness.  What a genuine soul!

So, sweet student, whoever you are, thank you, thank you, thank you!  You have no idea what an encouragement that was to me this morning.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts