Your Arrogance Makes Me Vomit.

Ever been around someone who was so stuck on themselves you almost vomited?

Lately I've been around some people and I've wondered--is that confidence or arrogance?

How do you tell the difference?

I think Christians are called to be bold and courageous--but when does that cross the line into Obnoxious Land?

Some of my friends have a certain swagger about them.

I always wonder if they are THAT confident all the time, or if they are really just stuck in their pride and egos?

So, my real questions are:

How do we remain confident in the Lord without being cocky and obnoxious?

How can we share the love of Jesus without coming across pompous and unreal?

Is having an ego Christ-like?

Comments

  1. "those" kind of people are what I call the "sales-prevention" team in the Christian circle...
    Christ washed the disciples feet, he touched the lepers, you know the rest. I doubt there was a swagger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous--that is hilarious! "sales prevention" haha

    I agree. I always wonder about the overly confident Christians and think, "That behavior just isn't like MY Jesus."

    Thank you for your comment--

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts