Store Up Treasures in Heaven

Such a lovely, lovely song--Burlap to Cashmere.  You should check them out sometime, probably on iTunes since they are no longer on the main scene anymore.

Today is a typical Tuesday--up early to get Molly ready for school, breakfast and Sesame Street for Lily and myself, homework to do, schoolwork to do, housework to do, pick up Molly at 2ish, guitar lesson at 4, and then online meeting tonight from 6-8 for a class.  I am sooooo glad that I do not have to cram a day of work in there, too.  While I feel like my Tuesdays and Thursdays will go by so quickly, I'm so pleased, blessed, and thankful that I have the ability to do it all.  I can be a working/stay at home/graduate student all at the same time--amazing what happens sometimes when you ask God specifically for the desires of your heart--and He says, "Ok, here you go.  Something even BETTER than you imagined." 

There are moments in which I think it would be nicer to work for God's kingdom a tad closer to home, but then I think about my friends like Beth Ann, Jill, or the Joneses who have been asked to turn their lives completely upside down in order to bring Him the glory.  I remind myself very, very quickly that my job is NOT so bad.  However, those moments are simply momentary when I remind myself how incredible my job is.  

Especially on mornings like today.



Yesterday was pretty magical in eastern NC--very fallish! :)  It was overcast and (dare I say it?) chilly!

And, since a few of you have asked me--I am on track with my workouts.  This particular program suggests 2 days on, 1 day off.  Yesterday was my day off after two days of working out.  I also may some healthier choices at the grocery store this week.  We'll see.  I don't care so much about a number, just looking better and more in shape.   

Comments

  1. man! Burlap....brings back some freshman year memories....we used to listen to them in the van on CCF trips all the time! I always liked "Digee Dime"and "Basic Instructions"

    Glad you're having a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I agree, God can and will give us better than we even imagined!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Burlap!! I saw them in concert once.

    I'm so glad you're loving you job! You have the best of both worlds! Doing what you love at home AND at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being able to find balance between work and family life is truly a gift from God. Opportunities to minister to both adults and your own children. What more could a Proverbs 31 woman want? So glad things are working out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Desires of your heart" must be the thee of the week...I attended a Beth Moore simulcast this weekend on that theme...so very eye opening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never forget the day, many years ago in our small group, when Paul Gibbs said "if everything is going great, watch out" because that's when Satan is going to reach out to get you. That's why I try to be comfortable with my imperfect life. ;) (But I still try to watch my back, because I know Satan is trying to still get me and make me feel dissatisfied.) Can't remember where I was going with this so I'll just shut up now. But you do make some very good points, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "amazing what happens sometimes when you ask God specifically for the desires of your heart--and He says, "Ok, here you go. Something even BETTER than you imagined."

    REJOICING with you!!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. So enjoyed having Lily in "class" Sunday. She is such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts