Ok, I'll do it. . .

1. Do you cook every night?
No. I should, and I admit that we are eating at home a LOT more than we used to. With my schedule now keeping me out right until dinner time 2-3 days a week, I find that it's either crock pot, fast food, or easy to create (i.e. boxed meals or leftovers) on MWF. I do try to cook on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and sometimes on weekends.

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?
I use what's on sale usually, or whatever I have a coupon for. When I don't have a coupon I usually use the Harris Teeter brand or Arm & Hammer.

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
It seems like I do laundry every other day. It's gotten a lot easier with a job that allows me to stay home two additional days during the week.

4. How often do you eat out per week?
Usually on Sundays after church with the Collins, then maybe 1-2 additional times during the week.

5. Where do you usually eat out?
Sundays it's usually a pretty nice meal like Moe's, Logans, etc. During the week it's usually McDonald's.

6. What is your favorite retail store?
Target, hands down. However, if our Walmart was as nice as some of the newer ones that are popping up I may tend to shop there. I keep hearing rumors of a Super Target in Greenville, but I haven't heard confirmation of this. . .

7. What’s your favorite thing to drink?
Dr. Pepper when I eat out. Dt. Dew or coffee when I'm at home. I make pretty tasty tea as well.

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?
Nope. Only when I was pregnant and it did HORRIBLE things to my digestive system. . .

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
I would say about 90%. Chris takes the trash out to the road and handles most of the outdoor items like cutting the grass.

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
Molly and Lily are responsible for keeping their room picked up at the end of the day. Molly is in charge of feeding Buster and taking her bathroom trashcan to the kitchen trashcan.

11. Do you go to church?
Yes. Sunday mornings and then small group usually (although it got a little complicated last year with graduate work). This year should be better. Chris and Molly go to Sunday Night Kids as well.

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
Not really. Usually I try to do a general cleaning once a week--usually catching up on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

13. Do you keep a working budget?
Chris handles the finances, it's all in his head.

14. What do you do at night as a family?

Watch tv like the Cosby Show or America's funniest videos, play outside, hang out. Nothing special, but 100% fun.

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I usually start thinking about all of my obligations on Sunday afternoon and work from there. I keep a calendar on the fridge so I usually check things out. Now I make sure that Molly has ironed uniforms for school (or at least until Tuesday when I do laundry again and have time to iron). I make sure that the kids have clothes to wear, lunch is packed and in the fridge, my clothes are ready for the next morning, and my school items are ready to grab out the door.

16. What do your mornings look like?

If I'm working I'm up at 5:30, shower/dressed, get Buster out, breakfast, wake Molly, get her breakfast, get her dressed, brush teeth and out the door by 6:30, almost 2 hour drive to work (usually passed by listening to Ace & TJ or whatever music I'm working on that day), in the office by 8:30 or so, coffee at work. . . classes.

If I'm not working then I'm up by 6, wake Molly, breakfast/dressed, Chris takes her to school, Lily is awake any time between 6-8-in the meantime I'm drinking coffee/watching TV/computer, usually running laundry or getting a shower if we have errands to run. Lily gets up, breakfast, dressed. She plays in the morning, Sesame Street (at 10 or DVR), then lunch at 11 and nap at 11:30am.

Weekends--no real schedule.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
5:30-6 during the week, hopefully 7 or later on weekends.

18. What time do you go to bed at night?
Usually by 10 or 11.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
Bills: We have a stack in the kitchen. Chris tends to that stack so sometimes it builds up. . .

Magazines: Usually I keep the last 2-3 issues. I only subscribe to Real Simple, Parents, and Lowe's Creative Ideas. My mom used to send Big Backyard to Molly, but has stopped. I keep them in a basket by the fireplace. When I get a new one I switch the oldest one out.

Coupons/Ads: I clip immediately (Sunday afternoon) and put them either on the counter if I'm not able to put them away or in my coupon envelope (which stays in my purse).

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
Master calendar on the fridge, work calendar online. I keep a running to-do list just about every day I'm home, as well as reminders that get taped to bags ("Don't forget lunch and cold pack in freezer" etc).

Comments

Popular Posts