Busy Day

Typical Thursday--sort of. . . .

Lily and I are meeting Jordan at church this morning (maybe Daddy will play with her) to talk about the Christmas program. I need to pick up a foot stool for my guitar lessons, and I really may go pick up the book Crazy Love that Jill keeps talking about. Later this afternoon we are going to take a meal to some friends.

I also have a lot of homework to do, as well as grading some tests for my students. Not sure if I'll get through all of them by this afternoon. . .we'll see.

Also, some momentary words from my head and elementary school:

Let us encourage one another.
Let us love one another.
Let us be peacemakers and choose NOT to stir up trouble.
Let us treat others that way we wish to be treated.
Let us be kind and compassionate.

This world is hard enough without having to worry how our fellow believers (which I'm assuming most of my readers--all 5 of you haha--are) feel about us.

Let us build each other up in agape love--and it's something we all must work on.


Pirate Football this weekend folks! ARRRGH!!!!!

Comments

  1. angie's (bring the rain) is doing a book club on crazy love. she's got about 300 women participating.

    and i hope everything is okay. maybe i missed the drama, but i haven't felt closer to my fellow believers in a long time. sometimes the tough times is what brings us together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write what Lauren wrote but she beat me to it. So....what she said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ladies, as a whole everything is ok. I think this past week with my students interactions with themselves, and with some offhand comments I've heard, received (and probably given in response) it's just been on my mind to remind everyone to be nice. :)

    I also feel like this has been a growing time for a lot of us on the local level--my comments and musings are aimed elsewhere. :)

    It's always nice to be nice you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever heard this song?
    More than you'll ever know by Watermark. I haven't thought about it in a long time and as I read your "let us" words it came into my mind.
    Thank you for being this kind of friend in my life. I love you very much.



    Something brought you to my mind today
    I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh
    And yet I feel like it's okay to cry with you
    Something about just being with you
    When I leave I feel like I've been near God
    And that's the way it ought to be...

    CHORUS:
    'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
    You fight off my enemies
    'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life
    And you'll never know what it means to me
    Just to know you've been on your knees for me
    Oh, you have blessed my life
    More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah
    More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah

    You had faith, when I had none
    You prayed God would bring me a brand new song
    When I didn't think I could find the strength to sing
    And all the while I'm hoping that I'll
    Do the kind of praying for you that you've done for me
    And that's the way it ought to be...

    You have carried me
    You have taken upon a bruden that wasn't your own
    And may the blessing return to you
    A hundredfold, oh yeah...
    A hundredfold, oh yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so with you on the "let us" thoughts. Having a way to daily be encouraged and share caring thoughts with my sisters in Christ means more than you'll ever know. I'm going to have to find that song on itunes...Treasured friends are one of God's richest blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pepperdog says she'll be happy to share :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts