Saturday in the park. . .

I'm kind of glad it's not the 4th of July.  

Do you want to know why???? Because I went to Lowe's today and saw their HALLOWEEN displays up!  what!!!  what!!!!  

MMMMMM I love me some Halloween. . .and fall. . .and cooler temps. . .and jeans and long-sleeves. . . .and inching closer to CHRISTMAS!!!!

I was telling Rachel and Tyler earlier this week that I can't WAIT for trick-or-treat and all things Christmas.  I just love, love, love that time of year.  I also confessed to putting up my Christmas tree by Veteran's Day each year as well . . .

I love the crispness.  

I love the leaves swirling around in the air.  

Most of all--I love not SWEATING the moment I exit my front door.  Who wants to start their day questioning if their deodorant actually works???  Not this girl. . .

I also think little children in their puffy coats, gloves, and hats are the cutest thing ever as well.  Seriously, it's just the little things in this world that make me so happy!

ECU started up this week, and I've worked partially on my homework assignments.  I don't think the workload will be quite as demanding as other weeks, but I think getting my time managed will be tricky.  Luckily, it looks like my coursework will be due on the days I'm not at MACU, but that means my days "off"  will not really be "off"--but that's ok.  One year to go on my masters and then I'm DONE!  

I returned to my beloved Wii Active tonight after the summer hiatus.  And, I have some motivation--and you ALL must keep me accountable.  Lauren has agreed to take family pictures for us near the end of November/early December and I really, really want to look good for them.  

Important?  Not really.   
A big deal?  No.
Will anyone else besides myself really care?  Probably not. 
Vanity?  Of course.

So, I have a goal, and a realistic "reward."  Of course, Lauren is so good she could probably perform plastic surgery with her photography, but I really, really, really want a good picture of Chris and myself (and with our girls) that is not your typical family photo.  Lauren and I have discussed my vision--and she's so awesome I can't WAIT to see what her camera and good eye capture. 

So, you all must, must, must keep me accountable.  

Ask me if I've worked out. 
Ask me how much weight I've lost (or put back on!)
I really mean it.  
Ask me.    

Comments

  1. plastic surgery--not so sure. but i'm thinking we won't have to worry about that!

    and i love all things fall as well. can't wait for it to be crisp and cool and comfortable outside. it's my absolute favorite time of year--comfy jeans and sweatshirts, falling leaves and pumpkins :) ooh, i'm excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep you accountable if you can do the same for me... look, I know everyone says what they say about me and my body blah blah blah... but I really want to start working out to be healthier and just to feel better, and feel like I look better, tighter - whatever. WE CAN DO IT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fall is amazing!

    plastic surgery with photos....oh it can be done! chris said the other noght he was playing around with photoshop. he had a picture of me pregnant...actually, the day savannah was born...and made me not pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it girl.
    I am a HUGE fan of keeping each other accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha Lindsey, never knew photoshop can make you un-prego! That's funny!

    I'm hoping for some resolution to my knee very soon, then I too will need some accountability with going to the gym, I've lost my habit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK...didn't see you at church...so I will ask...Did you work out????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts