Long, long week

This past week has been something else.  

Between the funerals for Chris' grandmother on Monday and Ayden Jones on Thursday, I have had quite enough.  

I'm done with funerals for a while thank you very much.  

I'm over it.  

I can no longer sit and question God.  It won't do me any good at all.  I know He has His reasons (even when I foolishly think I've got it all figured out for Him).  This week has caused a lot of questioning and conversations about God and His plans for us.  

I think my favorite line from the book The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is when the Beaver is referring to Aslan (who is a symbol for God) states:  

"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver."Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you." 

I have learned that trusting God isn't safe--at least according to the rest of the world.  We believe that when someone is safe that we don't have to worry.  If you're safe you don't hurt, because you're. . . safe.  

That doesn't help our case when people ask us if God is so great and good, why he allows such terrible things to happen to us.  

The truth is:  I don't know.  

I'll never know on this side of Heaven.  

So, while God may or may not be safe, we do know He is good.  

He can't be anything BUT good. 

And quite honestly, if anyone knows about the unfairness of this world, Jesus knows.  

So, when we are sad and feeling unsafe, we must must must remind ourselves that He is in control.  

He is good and He is the King.  




Comments

Popular Posts