WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

Warning:  Grumpy-End-of-the-School-Year-Teacher-Post ahead

Why are some women (and probably all of us) so stinking MEAN?  

I'm sick and tired of women who feel this need to build themselves up by tearing others down.  This is the very reason I am so wary around women and why I have very few women I consider a friend.  Oh yes, I have many acquaintances and women I am friendly with, but at the end of the day, there are only about 3-4 women I would call in a moments notice and who I completely trust.  

I often long for female companionship (Ya Ya style), but I can't STAND the way we treat each other!  What is it about us that makes us so competitive?  Why do get so stupid and jealous when our friends have great news?  Why do we need to feel so important anyway???  

UGH!  

A fellow teacher today (on a power trip in front of 30 middle school students--seriously, MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS?!  Why does she need THEIR approval??? Get friends your OWN AGE!!!!!!!!!!) blew me out today over a stupid music selection for our 8th grade graduation.  

Petty.  Stupid.  Dumb.  Annoying.  

What in the heck is her problem?

It's crazy.  

I'm so glad to get out of this environment.  

It's so unhealthy and it's eating my nerves.  

I'm so ready to be DONE with this job and move on to bigger and better things.  
  
Note:  Seems like Angie is dealing with the very same things. . .makes me feel a little better.

Comments

  1. I'm glad that you see the petty annoying side of this and that you realize that it is just that--it doesn't matter, and in the long run, you will be much more confident and happier and JOYFUL on your own than she will by having to put others down.

    and i liked the "yaya" comment. i think ever since i got married, i miss out on some of the yaya moments that i had with my old college friends and roommates. i like to think that the more i get to know people at church, the closer i get to yaya-like friendships. but it is so hard to find a group (especially at work or outside of church) that isn't so caught up in the drama and "keeping up with the joneses" mess. so i feel ya there.

    and i always love angie's posts. she is so insightful and has built up such a wonderful ministry. "her, here." love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, I will beat the heck outa her! You are about to leave that job anyway... just punch her in the nose and be like "boo-yaaaa!" hahaha JK JK don't do that... I don't have bail money...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Isn't it funny how women treat one another? Hugs from me to you! Would love for you to join our summer bible study?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts